10 nights Main Tour of Egypt:
14th - 24th September 2014
* Visit Cairo's magnificant Pyramids at Giza, Saqqara, Dashur and museums.
* Encounter a magical sunrise at the Abu Simbel Temples.
* Enjoy a luxury Nile cruise between Aswan and Luxor.
* See the beautiful Temple of Isis on Philae Island and the 1,200 ton unfinished obelisk at an ancient quarry.
* Sail across the Nile by felluca or small boat to a Nubian Village.
* See the magnificent Temples at Kom Ombo and Edfu.
* Experience a dawn visit at the Temple of Amun-Ra, Karnak.
* Stroll through the awsesome floodlit Temple of Luxor at night.
* Visit the West Bank of Luxor, Valley of the Kings. See the giant Colossi of Memnon, Hatchepsut Temple, Mortuary Temple of Ramesses III (Medinat Habu).
..... and much more!
Optional Extension Tours:
23th - 27th September
* A 3 night stay at a 5-star luxury beach resort at Sharm el Sheikh
(a total stay of 13 nights including the Main Tour of Egypt).
* An extra 1 night stay in Cairo followed by a return day trip to the City of Alexandria
10 nights Main Tour of Egypt details|
DAY 1: (14 Sept)
On arrival at Cairo International Airport, you will be met by our representative and escorted by air-conditioned coach to the 5 star Mena House Oberoi Hotel. There will be a short orientation meeting with Robert Bauval in the evening, followed by a buffet dinner. Vegetarian dishes as well as meat, poultry fish and salads are available. The hotel offers spectacular swimming pools overlooking the Pyramids and you can enjoy a fantastic breakfast buffet to prepare you for your day excursions to the amazing ancient sites. Half board, dinner and over night stay.
DAY 2: (15 Sept)
After breakfast we take a tour to the Saqqara complex. We will first visit the Imhotep Museum before walking through a collonade to the Jubilee Court to admire the notable Step Pyramid of Djoser. Nearby are the southern tombs with cobra reliefs. We also visit the Pyramid of King Teti where the Pyramid Texts are located. We move on to Dahshur and will enter Sneferu's Red Pyramid. Sneferu's Bent Pyramid is nearby; we walk around this curiously angled structure. Dinner and over night stay.
DAY 3: (16 Sept)
An early morning visit to the Giza Plain to see all three main Pyramids and the majestic Great Sphinx. We enter the Great Pyramid into the Grand Gallery and the Kings Chamber. In the afternoon, you will be taken by bus or coach to Cairo Museum. Dinner and over night stay.
DAY 4: (17 Sept)
After breakfast we transfer to the airport and fly to Aswan and visit the quarry and the unfinished obelisk. We continue our journey across the mysterious desert, where mirages are often seen, by bus to Abu Simbel and stay at the popular Seti Hotel situated on the edge of Lake Nasser. Dinner and over night stay.
DAY 5: (18 Sept)
We start the day at dawn to witness sunrise at the Great Temple of Ramses II, and the Temple of Hathor and Nefertari at Abu Simbel. After breakfast we return by coach to Aswan where we board a 5 star luxury Nile Cruiser:
A typical Cruiser used on previous holidays:
Nile cruisers provide all your needs for relaxation and pleasure and are equipped with restaurant, bar, cafeteria, sundeck and swimming pool. A discotheque or live music is usually laid on for evening entertainment. Your stay on the boat is full board (3 meals a day) whilst we cruise to Luxor.
After an onboard lunch we will have a fun afternoon sailing with local small boats and visit a Nubian Village, and stop on a sandy bank of the Nile for a swim. Dinner and over night stay on the cruise boat.
DAY 6: (19 Sept)
After breakfast we visit the magnificent and extremely well-preserved Temple of Isis on the beautiful island of Philae.
Lunch on board. In the afternoon we visit the temples of Khnum and Satet on Elephantine island. After evening dinner, we cruise over night to Luxor.
DAY 7 (20 Sept)
After an early breakfast we sail and visit the beautifully decorated Temple of Sobek at Komombo. Lunch on board the boat. We then visit the Great Temple of Horus at Edfu. Sleep onboard the boat.
DAY 8: (21 Sept)
We arrive at Luxor before dawn and visit the great Sun Temple of Karnak at sunrise.
We continue by coach to the West Bank to include seeing the Colossi of Memnon, the temple of Ramses III at Medinet Habu, the Hatchepsut temple at Deir el Bahari and the tombs in the Valley of the Kings. Lunch on board. Relax on deck during the afternoon.
In the evening we pay a visit to the floodlit Luxor Temple. Evening dinner and over night stay on the cruise boat.
DAY 9: (22 Sept)
We enjoy a full day of relaxation on a felluca or small motor boat and visit Banana Island and enjoy a picnic. We will also have a camel ride along the river bank. Dinner and over night stay on the cruise boat at Luxor.
DAY 10: (23 Sept)
Those on the 10 nights Main Tour of Egypt will fly back to Cairo for dinner and overnight stay at the Mena House Hotel.
Those on the Optional Extension Tour to Sharm el Sheikh will be flown from Luxor to a 5-star beach resort hotel.
DAY 11: (24 Sept)
The 10 nights Main Tour of Egypt ends. Participants will be transferred to Cairo International Airport for their return departure.
Sharm el Sheik Optional Extension Tour details
DAY 10: (23 Sept)
The start of the Sharm el Sheik Optional Extension Tour begins.
Relaxation and leisure, full board and meals. There are opportunities to go snorkeling in the tropical clear waters of the Red Sea or swimming in the beautiful hotel pool. For the adventurous windsurfing, kitesurfing, para-sailing, boating, and canoeing activities are available (Note: these latter activities are at your own costs). Bedouin campfire dinner! Full board and meals.
DAY 11: (24 Sept)
Relaxation and leisure, full board and meals.
DAY 12: (25 Sept)
Relaxation and leisure, full board and meals.
DAY 13: (26 Sept)
After breakfast you will depart by plane to Cairo to stay at the Mena House Hotel. Evening dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 14: (27 Sept)
After breakfast you will be escorted back to the International Airport for your return flight back home.
Those on the 1 day extension tour to Alexandria will stay a further night at a Cairo hotel.
1 day visit to Alexandria details
DAY 15: (28 Sept)
After breakfast we travel by coach for a full day visit to the Mediterranean flavoured City of Alexandria where Robert Bauval was born and raised. This includes a stroll on the sea front, a visit to the Alexandria Library and a lunch at a seafood restaurant. Evening dinner on return to the hotel in Cairo.
10 nights Main Tour:
(US) $2650 per person, based on two sharing a double hotel room.
(single supplement: $550 extra, this being the extra cost for having your own room.)
Optional Sharm el Sheik tour: (in addition to the main 10 night Main Tour cost):
$790.00, based on two sharing a double hotel room.
(single supplement: $690 extra, this being the extra cost for having your own room.)
One day trip to Alexandria and extra night stay.:
$200, based on two sharing a double hotel room.
(single supplement: $40 extra, this being the extra cost for having your own room.)
* Your return flight to Cairo International Airport is your responsibility. (Return internal flights to Aswan and/or Sharm el Sheik are accounted for in your holiday package price).
* Travel Visas. Please check your individual country for visa requirements as some countries may require a Visa before travelling. To enter Egypt, a passport valid for at least six months from the date of issue of the visa is required. Entry Visa for Egypt can be obtained on arrival at Cairo Airport, (usually $20 or equivalent amount in Euros and English notes).
* Holiday Insurance. It is very important that all participants obtain Travel Insurance. This will protect you against, trip cancellation and interruption, and pays for loss due to unforeseen circumstances, death, injury, or illness to you or a member of your family. It covers missed connections due to bad weather, pays for lost deposits due to the financial default of the airline and the tour operator. It also covers you against lost baggage and delays, medical expenses and emergency assistance. Please note that we are not responsible for your travel insurance, and we are assuming that you have taken out a valid travel insurance for your trip and stay in Egypt.
* Additional days. Some holidaymakers like to stay on for a few extra days in Cairo. We can arrange half board accommodation for an additional $130 per person per night based on a double room, and a single person supplement of $40 per night.
To guarantee a place on the tour a (US) $500 deposit or equivalent is required at the time of booking.
Full payment and passport details must be received 45 days prior to the tour.
If you book a place on the tour 45 days or less before the tour commences, full payment will be required at time of booking.
Note: Payment to be made by bank transfer, with any bank charges to be paid by applicant.
If you cancel 45 days before the tour this will result in a $250 cancellation charge.
If you cancel after 45 days and before 7 days, this will result in a $500 cancellation charge plus any non-refundable payments to hotels, airlines and land transport.
If you cancel less than 7 days before the tour commences no refunds will be issued.
For those who are travelling alone and want to share a room, we will do our best to match you with a suitable roommate. If we are unable to match you with someone you will have to pay the single supplement. Early registration will facilitate this process.
Note: Itinerary may be subject to change if circumstances arise beyond reasonable control.
For more information and bookings contact: email@example.com
Hints and tips whilst on holiday:
* It gets hot. Temperatures will be around 75 Fahrenheit (24 Deg C), and 80 Fahrenheit (27 Deg C) in Aswan.
* Sun hats, suncream and sunglasses are essential as we will be outdoors for long periods.
* Training shoes or sandals are best for site visits.
* Have plenty of bottled water handy to drink, available from many small outlet sources and sometimes on coaches.
* Bring sweaters for the occasional cool evening and rare overcast day.
* Bring a bathing suit. You will need it for the cruise ship pool and when we go swimming in the Nile at Aswan.
* If you get ill with a stomach upset or diarrhea, remedies can usually be obtained at small Egyptian pharmacies but it is better if you are well prepared beforehand and bring any suitable pills before you arrive. The locally available tablets are best placed to help with the local symptoms, and generally resolve any issues within 3- 6 hours. Robert Bauval should have a few available in case of an emergency!
Photos © Richard Fusniak, other contributors, and GNU Free Documentation License images_tours.